We’re gearing up for a busy summer season and are looking for Sales Associates at both our Cripple Creek and Florissant Ace Hardware, Lumber & Supply stores! A complete job description is below. If you think you’d enjoy working with us, stop in to either store to fill out an application. Ace is the Place!
Job Description: Sales Associate
April 12, 2018
The primary responsibilities of the Sales Associate position are to maintain outstanding customer service, generate sales, merchandise product, and support the store management team.
- Ensure each customer receives outstanding service which follows the S.A.L.E.S process and by mystery shop standards
- Maintain awareness of all promotions and advertisements
- Execute the daily operational, day-to-day goals and priorities assigned by store management
- Assist in the training and development of peers
- Uphold merchandising and store cleanliness standards
- Participate in the processing of new shipments and help the team to keep the back-stock merchandise pulled and available for sale as space allows
- Aid customers in locating merchandising in store, on acehardware.com, as well as processing special orders
Minimum Requirements Desired:
- Education/Training: High School degree. Possess a vast product knowledge of hardware related products along with a willingness to learn.
- Experience: Sales experience with retail programs, establishing relationships and working with customers
- Skills/Knowledge: Knowledge and experience with electrical, plumbing, lumber, and other hardware items. Knowledge of retail computer systems a plus.
- A commitment to service excellence and customer satisfaction
- Solid team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills, exceptional organizational ability, high attention to detail, and ability to multitask
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours including weekends and holidays as well as sometimes working at our other store (Cripple Creek or Florissant) to meet the needs of the business
- Must be able to lift up to 80 pounds frequently to load and unload customer orders.
- Ability to stand for an extended period of time
- Move and handle boxes of merchandise and fixtures throughout the store, which entails lifting, and perform all functions as set forth.
Job responsibilities may change based on the needs of the business.